Welcome to the SR20 Community Forum - The Dash.
Register
SR20 forum logo

Thread: What Did You Do To Your B13 Today?

+ Reply To Thread
Posts: 1,541-1,550 of 4,492
2012-02-24 23:23:50
#1541
Fixed my leaky trunk and trunk release mechanism.
2012-02-24 23:34:57
#1542
Took the wife out to lunch today in the XE; she was not impressed in the least. :o
2012-02-24 23:41:50
#1543
Originally Posted by SE-RMonkey
Took the wife out to lunch today in the XE; she was not impressed in the least. :o


haha, such is the life of a sentra owner. I have never had a girl be impressed with even my super nice 200whp ve se-r. Yet they really like my 1973 nova for some reason which is junk when compared to my se-r
2012-02-24 23:56:30
#1544
You should check out the NX-chassis It doesn't age as bad as the sentra
2012-02-25 00:24:44
#1545
Originally Posted by Dala
You should check out the NX-chassis It doesn't age as bad as the sentra


I stongly disagree with that. The Sentra is a classic two door "post" design, whereas the ovoid NX was probably something the Nissan design team came up with after a weekend of heavy mushroom use while cruising around in an IROC Z. And unfortunately I'm old enough to remember that Mork from Ork crash landed on earth in an NX....



I HATED that show.
2012-02-25 00:28:58
#1546
Originally Posted by jjkamikaze
haha, such is the life of a sentra owner. I have never had a girl be impressed with even my super nice 200whp ve se-r. Yet they really like my 1973 nova for some reason which is junk when compared to my se-r


Well, in all honesty she doesn't care for B13's at all, not even when they were new(er), it's that the XE is such a slug. If I take her for a ride in the SE-R I can always get a big grin out of her, and/or a "Dammit, would you slow down?!"
2012-02-25 08:08:14
#1547
Originally Posted by Benito
Fixed my leaky trunk and trunk release mechanism.


How exactly did you do that? Did you need to get a new trunk release cable from Nissan?
2012-02-25 14:38:15
#1548
Originally Posted by Dala
You should check out the NX-chassis It doesn't age as bad as the sentra


I'd have to disagree with you there. No one (aside from the few here) will ever think the B13 is necessarily sporty or pretty but it does have that classic three box design. The NX on the other hand could be mistaken from something out of an 80's European techno music video.

And a big Na-Nu Na-Nu to SE-R Monkey!
2012-02-25 15:28:17
#1549
Originally Posted by CleanSER
....And a big Na-Nu Na-Nu to SE-R Monkey!


2012-02-25 18:12:52
#1550
Originally Posted by Storm88000
How exactly did you do that? Did you need to get a new trunk release cable from Nissan?


It was actually butt simple. I played with the nuts and bolts of it all probably 3 times to no avail. Then I had a moment of insight.

I grabbed some of those little felt things you put on the feet of a chair because that's the first thing I thought of. Then I placed them on the 4 spots where the rubber bumpers contact the chassis. Now the trunk stays put and the lever works again.

I'm going to find some black rubber ones to replace the beige felt. I am going to take a pic and throw it in my build thread.
+ Reply To Thread
  • [Type to search users.]
  • Quick Reply
    Thread Information
    There are currently ? users browsing this thread. (? members & ? guests)
    StubUserName

    Back to top