Welcome to the SR20 Community Forum - The Dash.
Register
SR20 forum logo

Thread: sr20 with t70

+ Reply To Thread
2011-09-17 05:49:35
sr20 with t70
Ok i know what your all thinking, a t70 on a sr20?

Well one of my mechanic is building a 240 he got with a sr20det black top s14 inside, i just saw it the other day and its got a huge t70 turbo, with supporting mods, but the internals are stock, except the head gasket

I was kinda like uhhhh wont that turbo not spool at all untill 5k rpms, but he kept reasuring me he knows what hes doing...

He said hes going to make it 375 hp to 400hp

Ok now my question is, is he nuts? And why would someone whos built so many good sr20s put a t70 on one?

Im wondering if anyone else has ever done this?
2011-09-17 05:52:07
more power, lowerer boost level, 375 to 400 is easy on a stock motor, yes it probably wont see its full boost till probably about 5500 rpm depending on the turbine housing size. Its not really that uncommon. Yes kinda overkill but hey whatever floats his boat.
2011-09-17 06:20:44
Yea i havnt gotten his exact specs on the exhaust and compresser sizes

but im asuming he will start getting boost by 3500 rpms and itll build up to max boost from there till red line
2011-09-17 22:35:01
Seems like he is either shooting for swapping out the stock setup for a built one in the long run or he wants a car that has a great deal of lag to stay out of boost. I think with a t70 on a stock block, he should be able to run more than 400whp safely since the temps will be very low and it will need less boost to do so than a smaller turbo. I wouldn't run that turbo as I think it is a horrible match for his whp goals, especially on a rwd. I hope he is running aftermarket cams and valve springs so he can have more than a 2k rpm powerband. If he builds turbo cars like you say, I'm sure that there is more than meets the eye. Could be just running a stock engine to shake down the problems before he puts a built engine in and runs big power. Idk it is hard to speak for other people.
+ Reply To Thread
  • [Type to search users.]
  • Quick Reply
    Thread Information
    There are currently ? users browsing this thread. (? members & ? guests)
    StubUserName