Welcome to the SR20 Community Forum - The Dash.
Register
SR20 forum logo

Thread: T2 Ramhorn Manifold

+ Reply To Thread
Posts: 21-30 of 90
2012-06-13 12:30:50
#21
Originally Posted by javierb14
I could make a couple of manifold fixtures...stock placement and one that fits larger wangs. However, I would need a manifold that has been modified to fit these large wangs to figure out height and angle differences for comparison and design.


your best bet for that is to use a VET manifold, you can use a 4" housing with that but you will still run into a downpipe/jpipe issue.
2012-06-13 13:27:26
#22
Originally Posted by javierb14
I could make a couple of manifold fixtures...stock placement and one that fits larger wangs. However, I would need a manifold that has been modified to fit these large wangs to figure out height and angle differences for comparison and design.



Once these get rolling, I'll send one your way BTW, how are the other parts working out for ya?


I have some manifold I picked up off here that would allow me to run 3", but we figured out you cant run a 2871r on a stock gti-r manifold. If you mill the flange down 3/4" it will fit perfect and does not really effect location much because the flex pipe allows it fit the little give that is needed for the minor change. Iwould love to have one of your manifolds in the future, I'm just trying to give a heads up when people start saying wangs won't fit wth large intake housings.
2012-06-13 15:09:56
#23
Keep it stock location for one design. You honestly don't need a 3" housing for T2 wangs.

I just installed a VET location manifold, while it clears the hug with my 3" comp housing, my downpipe sits on the Xmember now, I also can't run stock fans with this, while GTiR mani should leave enough room for stock fans.

Best bet is to have multiple versions though.
2012-06-13 15:59:53
#24
You don't need, but thats how they come. I had issues with my gti-r manifold and 2.5" inlet....If I didn't have too grind the hug I wouldn't of.
2012-06-13 19:35:12
#25
Originally Posted by javierb14
Once these get rolling, I'll send one your way BTW, how are the other parts working out for ya?


rear arms are holding up with no issues. i still havent installed the screamer pipe. but now that i see your making the screamer with 3in pipe im thinking of selling mine to order 2 of those.

any word on the p11 adjustable upper control arms?

have you ever thought about making b13/b14 front adjustable control arms?
2012-06-13 20:31:43
#26
You guys are awesome, soon as my bank allows I'll be calling you up for one of these and a screamer pipe to match!
2012-06-19 04:06:16
#27
We'll work on the stock location design first. Once that's done, we'll figure out what else is possible for custom wang placement.

Originally Posted by kaotekxe
rear arms are holding up with no issues. i still havent installed the screamer pipe. but now that i see your making the screamer with 3in pipe im thinking of selling mine to order 2 of those.

any word on the p11 adjustable upper control arms?

have you ever thought about making b13/b14 front adjustable control arms?


Cool Let me know if you sell them and we'll build these for ya

I made a fixture for the stock P11 arms last weekend so I could figure out the stock geometry. I've been playing around with a few CAD designs for the arms, but haven't finalized one yet. I'll work on these designs this week and nail something down.

B13/14 adjustable lower control arms are on the "to-do" list...there is a lot o n the list though lol

Originally Posted by ser
You guys are awesome, soon as my bank allows I'll be calling you up for one of these and a screamer pipe to match!


Thanks
2012-06-26 16:16:49
#28
looks like i need to add me a part to my winter parts list
2012-07-13 20:00:50
#29
any updates for this..
2012-07-20 03:50:00
#30
nope, nothing yet...I have a few customer parts to finish before I can get cracking on the design again.
+ Reply To Thread
  • [Type to search users.]
  • Quick Reply
    Thread Information
    There are currently ? users browsing this thread. (? members & ? guests)
    StubUserName

    Back to top