Welcome to the SR20 Community Forum - The Dash.
Register
SR20 forum logo

Thread: electric water pump ?

+ Reply To Thread
Posts: 11-20 of 28
2012-01-20 19:50:11
#11
I love my meziere pump with Davies Craig pump controller. It is a great setup, the pump will run on with the car off to cycle coolant and cool the wang down and so on. Very cool controller. I like the increase volume of the coolant system and I have my EMS set to turn fans on at 187 and they just never turn on. I do get heat though so that isn't an issue. I just think they are a nice option for track/big wang/hot areas.

Brent
2014-12-18 18:54:52
#12
Originally Posted by coach
I love my meziere pump with Davies Craig pump controller. It is a great setup, the pump will run on with the car off to cycle coolant and cool the wang down and so on. Very cool controller. I like the increase volume of the coolant system and I have my EMS set to turn fans on at 187 and they just never turn on. I do get heat though so that isn't an issue. I just think they are a nice option for track/big wang/hot areas.

Brent


You mentioned in another thread that you are running a bigger pump, may I ask which one it is? I probably should have asked before I purchased mine. Oops
2014-12-18 18:57:40
#13
It's the party pump from mezziere. I am actually selling my pump and controller along with a dual core half radiator and some lines. My new bumper and wang placement won't fit my old set up.
2014-12-18 19:12:30
#14
Originally Posted by coach
It's the party pump from mezziere. I am actually selling my pump and controller along with a dual core half radiator and some lines. My new bumper and wang placement won't fit my old set up.


Nice! Wish I waited so I could buy yours. I already bought the WP336, DC controller and 13" Tucked -16AN Rad from Chase Bays

Also do you have any pics of the setup?
Last edited by Mattick22 on 2014-12-18 at 19-18-04.
2014-12-18 19:26:27
#15
Originally Posted by ashtonsser
As far as hp concerns its not really about that. Like miko said the 2-3 wzf you might see from getting rid of the water pump will be taken up by extra load on the alternator.

The biggest benifit is the cooling factor. Ive put my Mezier pump to the test and I can tell you it owns any belt driven water pump by far. I run mine with no t-stat and pump and flexalite 1250 cfm fan on at all times with a civic half width 3 core radiator and the highest temp ive ever seen on my motor was 185 deg and that was on a hot 100 deg day in a shop dynoing run after run after run non stop. Lower hose still felt just warm to the touch and upper hose was not very hot either. Normal driving around town i see about 155-165 deg temps. I daily drove the car in the summer time 125 deg ambient temps, stop and go, with my 60 trim wang setup and highest temp i saw was 181 deg. No issues at all ever with it. The cooling benifits far outweight the hp factor since there really is none.

I love my electric water pump. Cleans up the motor a lot and looks clean and keeps my engine temp down which under 20+psi on pump gas daily is a good thing to help keep detonation away and it did. Never any issues with overheating, detonation, or any of that.

14k miles on the motor and when I tore it down the internals still looked perfect. Some may say engine not getting up to full temp is bad and blah blah blah but if built correctly you wont see any of signs of that. At least I didnt on my motor.


Nice! being in AZ too the cooling factor would be worth its weight in gold to me.
2014-12-18 19:35:54
#16
I can only imagine! I am from ABQ originally so I know your pain!
2014-12-18 19:44:54
#17
My pump is a 300 series Meziere WP337S, Meziere 300 Series High-Flow Inline Electric Water Pumps | Meziere

I have the single in and single out. They are heavy duty pumps with higher flow and longer operational hours. I only have a few hours of use on my pump, the pump controller from Davies Craig extends the life of the pumps as it doesn't run the pump full speed all the time.

Brent
2014-12-18 19:47:59
#18
Ooo that costs some pennies
2014-12-18 20:00:16
#19
Originally Posted by P10
Ooo that costs some pennies


True but what it allows is definitely worth it! Plus no more guessing your pump is going until it blows up on the side of the road!
2014-12-18 20:01:19
#20
Originally Posted by coach
My pump is a 300 series Meziere WP337S, Meziere 300 Series High-Flow Inline Electric Water Pumps | Meziere

I have the single in and single out. They are heavy duty pumps with higher flow and longer operational hours. I only have a few hours of use on my pump, the pump controller from Davies Craig extends the life of the pumps as it doesn't run the pump full speed all the time.

Brent


Yes indeed! It was one of your posts that convinced me to get the DC Controller in the first place! Cant wait to get it going!
+ Reply To Thread
  • [Type to search users.]
  • Quick Reply
    Thread Information
    There are currently ? users browsing this thread. (? members & ? guests)
    StubUserName

    Back to top